It is only the mid of 2018 and so much already are happening in our chapter! Another ICF Chapter president told me recently, “Even if you don’t do anything else for the rest of the year, it would still be a great year!”. Hope you would agree with her.
Our priority this year has been member education/engagement and coaching promotion. Here are some reasons to celebrate this last quarter (April-June).
- Provided 25 virtual and in person events (April-June).
- International Coach Week (ICW) – Four virtual events and two in-person (satellite) events.
- Launched an interactive event- Kitchen Table Conversation with Anu and Sharmin (90 min Video). We had a quite an engaging conversation, attracted a few very experienced members who got so inspired that they got involved with the chapter right away.
- Formed a committee of mentor coaches to deliver this webinar in July- Pathway to Credentialing: From Daunting to Do-able
Coaching promotion/ Member Engagement
- Completed the UWB MBA coaching program pilot with University of Washington Bothell Business School with very high notes. Ten of our coaches coached total 14 MBA students.
- Launched the Ignite Program. 12 coaches are coaching a total of 13 leaders in two local non-profit organizations.
- Formed a committee comprising of experienced members to design the ICF/Coaching showcase experience at a local non-coaching conference this fall.
Leadership Beyond Washington
We are regularly in conversation with other chapter leaders, specifically those in the North America Western Region (Canada and US) to learn and to collaborate. Our member and one of the past president Jody McCrain provided leadership by organizing the David Drake webinar for the region. ICF Leaders in Arizona are learning from our satellite model as they are in the process of creating a One Arizona chapter by consolidating multiple city based chapters in Arizona.
Checkout our website, join the social media outlets on Linked In(page), Facebook(group) , Facebook page and/or Twitter. Bring your ideas for promoting coaching at a scale. Let’s create a splash in the market place and hence create more business opportunities for our member coaches. Stay tuned for the call for volunteers. Join hands in our I-to-We mission.
-Sharmin Banu MS, PCC
Dear Master Coach
PATHWAY TO CREDENTIALING: FROM DAUNTING TO DO-ABLE
Written by Sandra Jones, PCC
We’ve heard you loud and clear, sometimes getting that initial ACC credential seems like it’s just not worth it, a lot of work, and you’d like some support! As a result, seasoned, certified coaches will deliver a webinar to support you on your journey to certification. All non-credentialed ICF WA members were sent a SURVEY via Survey Monkey in June designed to give us clarity about your challenges in getting your ACC credential. Your feedback via the survey plus the information we gain from you through this webinar will help us design a webinar to address those challenges. This FREE Zoom webinar will be open to all members and designed for non-credentialed members. Those attending will receive 1.5 CCEUs. The webinar will be held on
Wednesday, July 18th at 6:00 - 7:30 pm.
Click this link to register for the webinar.
(A recording will be available, if you are not able to attend live.)
If you are interested in getting your ACC credential, fellow coaches want to support you in doing so. Join us on Wednesday, July 18th for this Pathway to Credentialing webinar.
Questions: Contact Sandra Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with Your Chapter on Social Media
Newsletter is published quarterly
Copy Deadline: 10/20/18
Support your ICF Chapter and market your business to the over 500 coaches in our community. Contact us for more information and wonderful opportunities to advertise with us on our web site, in this newsletter or at one of our events.