April 17 from 12 noon - 1:30 pm PST
Marilyn O'Hearne, MCC
CCEUs 1.5 Core Competency
Members $15, Non-members $25
Hosted by ICF Washington State
Description of Webinar
Ever start a session with you or the client stressed or "all over the place?” Marilyn will lead us through a brief, focusing Centering “Pause” to refresh.
- (As coaches,) we may aspire to be judgment free. Is that really possible?
- Unconscious Bias neuroscience research says no, that is not how our brains work. Even those of us who are used to working multiculturally!
- This is literally an explosive topic in the US! From the Glass Curtain, generational gaps and lingering cultural fears or resentment, our coaching and coaching business will benefit from recognizing and managing our Unconscious Bias.
How do we (as coaches), then, recognize and appropriately manage our cultural judgments so they do not limit our coaching-both in terms of who we coach and also establishing trust and developing the coaching partnership?
Marilyn will lead us through 2 pauses designed to refresh and re-focus and then move us from judgment, which can sabotage our success, to increased awareness, impact, influence, and income.
Benefits of attending this program include:
- Develop a refreshing, focusing Centering practice (for you and your clients) which increases awareness
- Discover how your Unconscious Bias may be sabotaging success by unknowingly driving away some cultural groups
- Learn a quick way to uncover and update bias to build trust with clients
- Begin to develop strategies to manage Unconscious Bias to expand your impact
Marilyn O’Hearne, MSW and MCC is a globally experienced, culturally intelligent executive and leadership, team coach. With Marilyn acting as their visionary thought partner, leaders and teams move from the overwhelm and uncertainty of our uncertain, rapidly changing world to clarity, focus, and confidence.
Her clients report renewed people (our greatest natural resource!) and energy which lead to prosperity rather than burn out and loss of talent. Expanding capacity, including Cultural Intelligence, results in reduced conflict, contributing to Quadruple Bottom Line results (reflecting her strong belief in stewardship).
Marilyn’s gentle strength, warmth, humor, integrity, and excellent communication skills promote the trust required for producing sustained results; providing a secure foundation while challenging clients to be their best. She quickly assesses a situation and co-develops a plan with her clients to achieve their goals.
To learn more about Marilyn visit her website