January 11, 2018 - 12:15 pm - 2:15 pm at the Queen Anne Public Library
Jan L. Bowen, PCC
CCEUs 1.5 Core Competency
Hosted by ICF Washington State
Description of Course
How do you lead from a present state, being mindful while still taking action and getting things done?
We invite you to explore the concepts of leadership and mindfulness in order to suggest ways to bridge the states of “being” (i.e., existence) and “doing” (i.e., action).
Activities and practices will be presented to include the following, while asking you to consider options relevant to you.
- ways to assess a horizontal (doing) vs. vertical (being) mode
- the intersection between the two
- choice point of bridging
- getting things done in both states
- everyday application examples
This session will encourage you to deepen your understanding of yourself as a leader, and of how you support yourself in your alignment of your leadership as a coach.
What you will learn:
- Analyze the reasons why Mindfulness is a component of effective coaching
- Learn how the practice of Mindfulness reinforces a coach’s capacity to remain present within a coaching conversation
- Identify how the coach establishes trust and intimacy with a client through effective bridging of Mindfulness
- Develop a personal action plan for enhancing your own presence and practices for self-awareness as a coach
Jan L. Bowen is an ICF-PCC accredited leadership and life balance coach as well as a published author and speaker, committed to helping conscious leaders align their purpose and vision through integration.
Jan’s career began in education and psychology, followed by over 30 years of successful corporate executive management. She has been a consultant and coach since 2003.
Jan holds degrees in Education, Psychology, and French as well as numerous certifications and accreditation in business, coaching, and language. To facilitate her work in the physical re-alignment and biomechanics of leaders, she is certified in Balanced Body Pilates and Therapeutic Yoga for Emotional Balance. She is a Certified Practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming, and is certified in the Combined Cultural Transformation Tools (CTT) of Barrett Values Centre, and is a practitioner of Transformational Presence Leadership coaching. Her first book, It’s Not That Complicated — How to Create a Personalized Template of Alignment, was published in 2015. Her course on intuition will be offered through DailyOM this year. She also hosts “Profiles in a Life of Purpose” podcast, featuring individuals from all walks of life living a values-based purposeful existence.
visit her website at: www.janlbowen.com